On the CSW66 context GWL Voices assessed the outcomes of COP26 as they relate to the gender and climate nexus. The side event brought together the commitments made in Generation Equality Forum Action Coalition on “Feminist Climate Justice”, and the need to prepare for COP27 in Egypt.
A special emphasis was given to gender sensitive climate finance and the need for disaggregated data on the gender-environment nexus to inform climate policies, plans and strategies with an intergenerational and intercultural perspective.
With the participation of :
- Christiana Figueres – Former Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Member of GWL Voices
- Mary Robinson – Former President of Ireland. Former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. Member of GWL Voices
- Nisreen Elsaim – Chair of UN Secretary General’s Youth Advisory Group on Climate Change | Chair of Sudan Youth Organization on Climate Change
- Janene Yazzie – Community organizer and human rights advocate on Indigenous communities, across the United States and internationally
- Moderated by Sunita Nasir Tareen – Engineer, UN Development Worker